A Revolutionary Tab Manager on Your New Tab Page
From CS researchers at Carnegie Mellon, Skeema is a human-centered way to manage your tabs that helps declutter your browser and your mind. Based on new research uncovering the deep causes of tab overload, Skeema changes the way you interact with the web resulting in what users call "an efficiency dream" and an "expansion card for your unstructured mind".
We built Skeema to overcome the three main problems that cause tab overload, including:
REMINDING & RESUMPTION. You're constantly switching between unfinished tasks all day, leaving tabs open so you don't lose where you left off.
REFINDING. You leave docs and links open to avoid digging through emails or Slack or drives to find them again.
RESURFACING. You leave articles and papers open in tabs to read because you don't have time to read them right now but if you put them away you may forget and never get back to them.
Skeema fixes these problems that current approaches like bookmarks, to-do lists, tab groups, and tab managers fail to do. Our users report saving 30-45 minutes a day on average.
Get rid of tabs in your browser
● Save tabs into groups and split a complex project into more manageable slices.
Out of sight, but not out of mind
● Re-encounter saved articles and instantly access any item on your new tab page.
Easily resume tasks and pick up where you left off
● Open grouped tabs with a single click. Skeema automatically scrolls to your most recent position.
Manage all your docs and links in one place
● Give them understandable titles, set priorities and add notes to remember why they are important, and get back to them instantly.
Collect important bits scattered across the web
● Clip images and text with a single click. Add notes to remember why it is important.
See the big picture of what you care about
● Pull clips into a compact, visual view. Click the clips to go back to the page to see them in context.
Share and collaborate
● Collaboratively add items, notes, and set priorities in real-time.
Skeema is free and does not share or sell any of your data with any third parties. We can do that because we’re a Carnegie Mellon University team funded entirely through research funds and gifts. As we scale up we remain dedicated to finding sustainable funding models that prioritize benefits to society and the planet – the reason we got into academia in the first place.
For more information on privacy and the security of your data visit https://www.skeema.com/privacy-policy.