Save web pages as self-extracting HTML/ZIP hybrid files
SingleFileZ is a fork of SingleFile (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/singlefile/mpiodijhokgodhhofbcjdecpffjipkle) that allows you to save a webpage as a self-extracting HTML file. This HTML file is also a valid ZIP file containing all the page resources.
To open saved pages from the filesystem in Chrome, SingleFileZ must be already installed and the option "Allow access to file URLs" must be enabled in the details page of the extension (chrome://extensions/?id=offkdfbbigofcgdokjemgjpdockaafjg). Otherwise, Chrome must be started with the switch '--allow-file-access-from-files'.
1) Getting started
- Wait until the page is fully loaded.
- Click on the SingleFileZ button in the extension toolbar to save the page.
2) More info
See the extension help in options page for more detailed information about the options, technical notes and known issues.
Project on GitHub: https://github.com/gildas-lormeau/SingleFileZ
3) Troubleshooting unknown issues
Please follow these steps if you find an unknown issue:
- Reset SingleFileZ options.
- If resetting options did not fix the issue, restart the browser.
- If restarting the browser did not fix the issue, try to disable all other extensions to see if there is a conflict.
- If there is a conflict then try to determine against which extension(s).
- Please report the issue with a short description on how to reproduce it here: https://github.com/gildas-lormeau/SingleFile/issues..