Open source email alias solution
SimpleLogin is an open source email alias solution to protect your email address. Its extension allows you to create quickly a random email address (aka *alias*). All emails sent to an alias is forwarded to your personal email address.
You can use the alias when subscribing to a newsletter, signing up for a new account, giving your email to someone you don't trust. Not only an alias can receive emails, it can also *send* emails. An alias is a full-fledged email address.
Later if you can simply block or delete an alias if it's too spammy.
## Why SimpleLogin?
When you give away your personal email online, there is a good chance that your email address would end up with a spammer or leaked during a breach. You could check whether your email is leaked using website like https://haveibeenpwned.com
SimpleLogin could also help manage your business emails. If you own a domain and don't want to pay a full solution like GSuite, you could add the domain into SimpleLogin and create emails like email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org with aliases. All our business emails (the @simplelogin.io) are actually aliases.
## What distinguishes SimpleLogin:
- Fully open source: both SimpleLogin server and client code (browser extension, JS library) are open source so anyone can freely inspect and (hopefully) improve the code. You would not trust a blackbox to handle your emails, do you?
- No ads, no tracker.
- The only email forwarding solution that is self-hostable, i.e. you could run SimpleLogin on your server. With our detailed self-hosting instructions and most of components running as Docker container, anyone who knows ssh is able to deploy SimpleLogin on their server. The hosting instruction is on our repository at https://github.com/simple-login/app
- Not just email alias: SimpleLogin is also a privacy-focused and developer-friendly identity provider that:
+ respects user privacy
+ is simple to use for developers.
SimpleLogin is a privacy-focused alternative to the "Login with Facebook/Google/Apple" buttons.
- Generous free plan: there's no cap on bandwidth or number of replies/sends. The Free Plan is enough for protecting your personal email. Premium Plan targets at more "advanced" users with features like custom domain, unlimited alias or catch-all alias.
- Open Roadmap with exciting upcoming features: email directory, extension for Safari, mobile applications, etc. Feel free to check it out on https://trello.com/b/4d6A69I4/open-roadmap
- Export your data: allows you to change the service provider if someday you decide to leave SimpleLogin.