Simplify the new Reddit layout.
Simple Reddit ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Cleans up the new reddit layout, makes it more compact - and closer to how the old reddit layout looked - but while keeping the new reddit features. That's all.
It's a little bit like the Reddit Enhancement Suite, just for the new design. And simpler.
Note : Simple Reddit is not officially affiliated with Reddit.
Some feedback from users : (｡◕‿◕｡)
♥ "The blue makes me feel all fuzzy inside. Thank you sir."
♥ "woah your tweaks are really nice. So much less cluttered. I think the redesign would be a lot more popular if it looked like this."
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Please rate & review the extension if you like it!
And you can leave bug reports and feedback here, or on reddit : https://www.reddit.com/r/redesign/comments/8lqzoj/simple_reddit_a_chrome_extension_to_make_the/
Changelog : ┬─┬ノ(ಠ_ಠノ)
- General updates to make it work with latest reddit changes
- Sets the lightbox background to white
- Sets the lightbox to maximum 80% width ( instead of full page width )
- If you click on the lightbox background, it will close the lightbox
- Small fixes to links of "reply" notifications in the popup, as they sent you nowhere
- Fixes for utf-8 characters in the popup
- Adds a popup that shows you your latest inbox, posts and comments if you're logged in
- Fixes for the changed layout - fading out the header and side-bars now properly
- Shows long images in the preview now in a nicer way
- Adds color coding to comments based on the amount of points they got
- Quick icons to get you to your comments and posts page added to the nav bar
- Fixed some expandos ( image preview buttons ) hiding for no reason
- Adjusted styles based on recent reddit updates
- Adjusted border colors for images
- Make the profile link in the top right header send you to your profile right away, instead of opening the menu
- Adds shortcuts that send you to your comments and posts page
- The reddit header won't scroll any longer with the page
- Don't change colors of upvote/downvote buttons, just fade them slightly
- Remember if night mode was enabled, and apply day/night style right away
- Note in options about forcing the new design ( some people don't see a difference on new.reddit.com ) : If it doesn't work at first, log out & log into reddit - then it should work
- Works now in night mode, yay!
- Nicer colors in night mode - and lower opacity for less eye strain
- Highlights visited outbound links in purple
- Fixed layout display issues with REH ( Reddit Enhancement Suite )
- Better at hiding useless expansion buttons
- Show visited headlines in purple
- Auto-switch to the classic view ( configurable in options )
- Allow to force the new layout to be enabled - also for users who don't have the new layout as an option yet ( configurable in options )
- Automatically hide the left-side login menu if it's open on page load ( e.g. in Incognito window )
- Initial release
- Fixes headlines being now shown in blue, instead of black
- Less colors on the frontpage
- Fade out the header and right side menu while they're not active
- Highlight ads with a light golden background
- Limit the size of the preview items, for a more compact experience