Silencer is the easiest way to mute spoilers, people, hashtags, terms and phrases on Twitter and Facebook.
Install the Chrome extension that's been featured on Lifehacker, CNET, The Next Web, AllFacebook and enjoyed by thousands of people! Take control of the Internet on your terms.
"Silencer is a brilliant tool. It’s incredibly simple to set up and delivers instant, perceivable results."
– Nick Summers, The Next Web
"I uninstalled Silencer and Twitter got noticeably worse."
- Alex Finkel, Silencer user
Silencer lets you mute any content out of your Twitter stream or Facebook news feed:
- Avoid spoilers from TV shows and sports events.
- Mute co-workers or friends that you may not want to to unfollow.
- Mute tweets about #someconference, since you're not there or not interested.
- Silencer also works with any term or phrase you'd like to mute!
* What's new in Silencer 1.0.93: *
- NFL Mute Packs: Mute any NFL team, its hashtags, players, and coaches.
- A more intuitive way to remove mutes
- Silencer is significantly faster
- Bug fixes
** Introducing Silencer 1.0 **
- User accounts: Take your mutes with you from Twitter to Facebook. Your mutes will always remembered.
- New Mute Packs: Breaking Bad, Dexter, The Newsroom, and Orange is the New Black.
- New services to mute: Ask.fm and GetGlue.
- Mute sync: Log into Silencer on another computer, your mutes will be waiting for you.
- Works on all operating systems: Windows, Mac, and Linux
Install Silencer today!