Create custom assignments with interactive questions, automatic grading, peer review, embedded videos and detailed reports.
Side Study™ can be used to supplement your class or completely replace expensive online platforms from publishers. There’s so much to share! Learn more and see every feature at www.activelearningworks.com/sidestudy
Side Study is a complete solution that allows you to create, assign, review, and grade assignments for any subject and age level from elementary to college right from Google Docs. First, you create a custom assignment using the “Teacher” add-on and then students complete it using the “Student” add-on where, if you choose, they can give and receive help from their classmates. Detailed data on their engagement and answers are sent to a report where you can enter feedback and grades, check for plagiarism, and find out where students need more help.
Most importantly, the “Guide on the Side” feature simulates you being there with each student to provide guidance while they answer questions. In a Side Study assignment, students aren’t alone, but have you and their classmates for help, along with videos, text, drawings, webpages, or any other resources you add to the assignment!
Are you interested in using Side Study? Be sure to visit our webpage first to learn the ins and outs so you and your students have a great experience!
· Great for note-taking, flipping, homework, study guides, test preparation, reading comprehension, interactive worksheets, and much more!
· Students can give and get help for each question with peer review.
· Free-response and multiple-choice questions.
· Detailed, real-time teacher reports.
· Automatic grading and feedback.
· Student-to-teacher feedback for identifying the most challenging questions.
· Custom, embedded video player.
· Students get custom flashcards made from their answers.
· Learn more: www.activelearningworks.com/sidestudy
· Reviewed and approved by Google.
· Created by educators with K-12 and higher education experience.
· Programmed by experienced Google developers.
· Extra efforts were made to limit authorizations.
· Drive—needed to create folders for assignments and reports.
· Document—needed to maintain and update add-on.
· Spreadsheet—needed to update report spreadsheets.
· External resources—needed to access trusted 3rd party payment provider.
· Storage—needed to save relevant date in document storage.