Allows Shuffify to play songs through your Spotify app
Use the fantastic music platform Spotify© to play music from you and your friends playlists, one user at a time. That way, everyone gets a turn at choosing the music and everyone contributes to the experience.
Shuffify is great for any social situation where music is played:
- Parties. Everyone gets to be the DJ. Get to know your friends' tastes by listening to a song from each of person in turn.
- At work. You and your colleagues can all contribute to the office music, by either having one computer running spotify on loud speakers, or everyone listening on your own computers.
- At home with the kids. Instead of having music competing from multiple rooms of your house, each family member gets to have their say in the home music.
- Stay connected. Listen to the same music with your friends across the globe and share your favorites together.
Example Usage: A Karaoke Party
Everyone can create a Spotify© playlist with the Karaoke songs they plan on singing. (Like this one: Example playlist)
Then when they join a party together each person gets a turn at singing, one song at a time.
If guests think of a new song to sing, they just use Spotify© to update their playlist and use the 'refresh' button in shuffify to get the updated song list.
Start using Shuffify in 3 easy steps:
- Sign Up and create a Shuffify party.
- Invite your guests to add music by linking their Spotify© playlist.
- Download a Shuffify Controller to play your guests' songs through Spotify©.
- See everyones playlists, which song is playing and which is coming up next.
- Use Spotify©'s awesome interface to add and remove songs from your playlist, changes to Spotify© playlists will synchronize with Shuffify every few minutes.
- Vote to skip the current song, if more than half the people at your party vote, then the song will be skipped.
- Shuffle the order of your playlist by clicking the 'Shuffle it' button.
How does it work?
Shuffify gathers all the Spotify© URIs of all the songs in the party's playlists, then it marks one person in the party as NEXT. The Shuffify Controller app asks Shuffify which song to play every few seconds. If Spotify© is playing the wrong song, it switches to the right one and tells Shuffify which song its now playing.
When the song finishes Shuffify marks that song as COMPLETE and tells the Controller to play a song from the next party guest. Once all the songs in a persons playlist are marked as COMPLETE, all the marks are removed and their playlist starts again.