Shine — an app for Philips Hue lights
Shine for Philips Hue is an app to control Philip Hue wifi-connected lightbulbs straight from your computer.
You are only one press away from turning the lights on or off. Home automation was never faster. Choose a dynamic scene, dim the lights or chose from over 16k colors for your lights — all from the comfort of your browser. Works on Mac, Windows, Linux, and Chromebooks.
• Dynamic scenes including Romantic Red, Disco, and Sunrise, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Fireworks.
• Turn all the light bulbs on or off with a virtual lightswitch.
• Auto bridge discovery & manual bridge IP entry.
• Office & warm lights presets — Kelvin degrees, Fluorescent lights.
• 16k full color spectrum selection via two color wheels.
• Control different groups of lights, or individual lights.
• Access to predefined scenes from the individual lightbulbs.
1. After installing you will see the app on the Chrome Launcher or from inside Chrome's apps page. Once launched, auto discovery of the Philips Hue Bridge will begin. You can enter an IP address of the bridge yourself if auto discovery fails.
2. When the bridge is found, you see the "press the link button" message - press the middle button on the bridge to authenticate the extension.
3. Control your lights from any home Mac, PC, Linux, Chromebook while on the same WiFi network.
No further setup necessary. The application dims all the lights on and off with a single mouse click, the dynamic scenes work as long as the computer is running.
About Philip Hue lights
To use this app you would have to buy and setup the Philips Hue starter kit. The Hue lights are digitally controlled lights using WiFi and Zigbee protocols. Available here: http://bit.ly/lightswitchhue
For updates, bugs and ideas, please contact email@example.com, http://sadakov.com, or on tweeter at @cdima. I would love to hear feedback and your ideas!
A free version of the original Lightswitch for Chrome is available here: http://bit.ly/huelights
Thanks for the contribution to home automation and your time!
Made in ♥ New York City by Dmitry Sadakov.