Make the internet less addictive with nudges that help you avoid distraction
❓ What does it do?
➡️ Spend more than two minutes on social media sites like Facebook or Twitter, and a notification will pop up, encouraging you to close the tab.
➡️ What you need, when you need it - automatically hides the distracting parts of popular websites
➡️ Friction - Fighting our impulses to visit distracting websites, Shift displays a slider that you have to move to access the sites
➡️ Gentle nudges - Shift displays rings when you've spent too much time on a distracting site
🧘 Intentions - to guide your day
- Click on the text on the New Tab page to set your intention
- Enter your intention into the text box and click "ok" (An intention is a guiding principle for how you want to live, and a way to bring heart and mind into alignment)
- You can easily change the notification frequency, distracting sites list, and so much more
- Click the Siempo icon in the top right corner of Chrome, then click Options
- Siempo does not block websites. It will help you snap out of the mesmerized state by telling you how much time you spent on the site.
- You can configure the notification time and the site list in the extension options.
- You have to spend more than a fifth of the notification time (around 24 seconds by default) away from a blacklisted site, to reset the timer.
- Shift by Siempo is free software under the GPL 3.0 license. Get the source code from - https://github.com/Get-Siempo/siempo-browser-ext
- Siempo also has an Android Launcher
Siempo does not collect any personal data or statistics.
It stores the time you spend on websites only until you close the browser.
The site blacklist and notification time settings are stored with the browser sync storage. They will sync with your Google account, if you sign in.
💡 Help & Suggestions - email@example.com
✉️ Get in touch
Email us - firstname.lastname@example.org
Patreon - http://patreon.com/siempo
Reddit - reddit.com/r/siempo
Discord - https://discord.gg/KWZRMRs
Blog - https://medium.com/@getsiempo
Twitter - http://twitter.com/getsiempo
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/getsiempo/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/getsiempo/