Shakespeare In Bits: A Midsummer Night's Dream
"The course of true love never did run smooth."
Enjoy this magical romp through one of the Shakespeare’s funniest plays as he blends several comedic styles. A royal wedding in Athens sends four young lovers and a motley crew of amateur actors into a fairy-filled woodland where they fall under impish manipulation. Could this be real or is it a dream after all?
This Shakespeare In Bits presentation delivers up nearly two-and-a-half hours of beautifully animated film, along with professional recordings by Warren Mitchell, Michael Maloney and Sarah Woodward, and features the complete unabridged play text.
Shakespeare In Bits A Midsummer Night’s Dream is the only study guide you will need to study, teach and appreciate one of the most enduringly funny plays of all time.
Understand and appreciate the linguistic richness of Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream with the original play text, broken into easily digested ‘bits’. In-line translation helps to understand difficult words and phrases within the context of the original play text.
Hear it, See it
Nearly two-and-a-half hours of high-resolution animation with professional audio soundtrack help you to decode and comprehend Shakespeare’s fertile prose quickly and efficiently. The text, presented side-by-side with animated action, is easy to follow with portions of text being highlighted as they are being spoken. The integrated combination of text, audio and graphics is designed to facilitate learners of varying abilities and learning styles.
Biographies for each cast character can be accessed from either the main play or through a dedicated Cast feature. An illustrated character relationship map demonstrates key characters and their inter-relationships in the play.
Ace that Exam
Each Shakespeare In Bits title provides a wide selection of integrated analyses and study notes for each scene to help you understand plot summaries, key themes, language, imagery and quotes from the play. An easy-to-navigate visual scene selection menu is also provided to help you to quickly get familiar with the play’s sequence of events or to jump to your scene of choice.
- The unabridged original play text, broken into easily digested ‘bits’
- Complete notes, summaries, and analyses for each section
- A unique in-line translation system for obscure words and phrases
- Nearly two-and-a-half hours of animation, featuring the voices Warren Mitchell, Michael Maloney and Sarah Woodward. (Audio provided by Naxos Audiobooks)
- Biographies for each character, accessed from the main play or through the cast browser
- A character relationship map, demonstrating key relationships in the play.
- A side-by-side main play view that presents the animations and the text at the same time
- High-resolution animations
- A text highlight feature, that highlights the current line of text being spoken in the animation
- Text highlight while seeking through an animation video, which allows you to easily navigate to a particular line in an animation
- Simple tab-bar navigation through all of the features in the play.