Change your Windows desktop background directly from Chrome using the context menu. (Requires additional software)
*Tested on Windows 10 and 7
HOW TO INSTALL
1. Download and install the latest version of Python from http://www.python.org. During installation, make sure the following option is enabled: "Add Python [version] to PATH".
2. Download the native messaging host from http://github.com/jairogcontreras/set-as-desktop-background-chrome-extension. This is the "host" folder. You may download the entire repository as ZIP, then extract the "host" folder and rename it to "Set as desktop background host" (or any name). Alternatively, you can use an online tool such as GitZip or DownGit to download the folder.
4. Move the folder to a desired permanent location.
5. Open folder and run "register" batch file.
HOW TO USE
Right click any image in browser and click "Set as desktop background".
HOW TO UNINSTALL
To unregister the host, run "unregister" batch file.
1. Extension icon: https://icons8.com/web-app/21095/Picture
2. Promotional image arrow icon: https://icons8.com/web-app/11504/forward-arrow#filled
Please report any bugs or if the extension is not working for you. I will look into it as soon as I can. Make sure to include the following system information: Windows version and Python version.
Feedback is welcome. Future developments are subject to my available time and budget (and motivation!) You may donate here: paypal.me/jairogcontreras :)