Highlight occurrences of selected text, with or without a keypress.
For code inspection and document analysis: search for and find keywords.
- No need to press CMD+F
- Maintains current selection
- Ensure a "gate" key is pressed
- Match whole word and/or case-insensitive
- Blacklist bad hosts and ancestor HTML nodes
Highlight works on all sites, including GitHub, StackOverflow, HackerNews, etc.
See all code involved:
1. Dev Console -> Sources -> Content Scripts -> Selection Highlighter
2. chrome://extensions -> Selection Highlighter -> Options -> Dev Console -> Sources