Copy any on-screen text directly from videos with Selectext.
Make online learning easier with a richer video experience.
Copy any text including handwriting, code, and links.
Works on all video sites including Youtube, Udemy, Coursera, Skillshare, as well as University lecture recordings.
Powered by the latest Computer Vision (OCR) technology.
Supports 50+ languages.
How to use Selectext:
1. Add Selectext to Chrome.
2. Watch a video.
3. When you pause the video, the Selectext toggle will appear in the top left corner of the video.
4. Click the toggle to use Selectext.
5. The first time you use Selectext you will be prompted to sign in with Google.
6. Once signed in the text in the paused video will be detected and shown on the video.
7. Select the text by clicking and dragging. The text will be automatically copied to your clipboard.
8. Paste the text anywhere using 'ctrl+v' (windows) or 'command+v' (mac).
Make multiple selections at once holding 'ctrl' (windows) or 'command' (mac).
Change the colour, or turn Selectext off on the current site via the popup menu opened by clicking the extension icon.
If a Selectext isn't working on a video site you use, or if you want a feature to be added, reach out via email@example.com.