Select and Speak uses iSpeech's human sounding text to speech (TTS) to let you select text from almost any website and make it talk.
Select and Speak uses iSpeech's human-quality text-to-speech (TTS) reads selected text. It includes 43 iSpeech text to speech voices. You can configure the voice and speed options by changing the settings on the options page.
- First select the text you want it to read.
- Then click the icon to start listening.
- To stop listening at any time click stop
- This Chrome extension sends the text that you select to iSpeech servers using your Internet connection as it is Cloud TTS service (aka SaaS or Software as a Service)
- iSpeech offers free and paid API and SDKs for text to speech, speech recognition and more. Please sign up and start using it
- Version 0.2.1
- Switched from MP3 to OGG to fix Chrome OS compatibility
- Version 0.2.0
- Attempting to block excessive DNS queries from preloading
- Version 0.1.9
- All options can be saved
- Language auto-detection added
- Context menus can be toggled without restarting
- Speech API errors are now presented with an alert
- Works on most pages, including Gmail, SSL, and iframes
- Version 0.1.8
- Speed and Voice option was added
- Version 0.1.3