Select and Speak uses iSpeech's human-quality text-to-speech (TTS) to read any selected text in the browser. It includes many…
Select and Speak uses iSpeech's human-quality text-to-speech (TTS) to read any selected text in the browser. It includes many iSpeech text to speech voices in different languages. You can configure the voice and speed options by changing the settings on the options page. Celebrity text to speech voices and character text to speech voices are not included in Select and Speak at this time, but can be used through the Talkz application. Please request an additional languages by contacting us.
UPDATE - We have recently added Arabic, Korean, and Greek text to speech to the Select and Speak Chrome App
Select and Speak includes the following text to speech languages:
English Male and English Female (American), Spanish Male and Spanish Female (Latin American), English Male and English Female (British), English Female (Australian), English Female (Canadian), French Male and French Female (France), French Female (Canadian), Portuguese Female (Portugal), Portuguese Male and Portuguese Female (Brazilian Portuguese),
Spanish Male and Spanish Female (Castilian), German Male and German Female, Italian Male and Italian Female, Dutch Female, Danish Female, Turkish Male and Turkish Female, Czech Female, Danish Female (Danish), Finnish Female, Russian Male and Russian Female, Swedish Female, Norwegian Female, Hungarian Female, Polish Female, Greek Female, Chinese Female, Korean Female, Japanese Female
YOU MUST CONTACT US FOR COMMERCIAL USE - PERSONAL USE ONLY:
The Select and Speak Chrome Application is for non-commercial use only. You may not attempt to download the resulting TTS audio or use the resulting TTS audio for any purpose including but not limited to: text to speech ivr prompts, text to speech course materials, text to speech distribution, text to speech presentations, text to speech audio books, text to speech podcasts, text to speech radio, text to speech tv, text to speech web cast or any other text to speech broadcast.
To license iSpeech text to speech for commercial purposes we will license the text to speech audio for your use-case, simply contact us info at iSpeech dot org, or through our contact form.
How to use:
- First select the text you want it to read.
- Then click the icon to start listening.
- To stop listening at any time click stop
- This Chrome extension sends the text that you select to iSpeech servers using your Internet connection as it is Cloud TTS service (aka SaaS or Software as a Service)
- iSpeech offers free and paid API and SDKs for text to speech, speech recognition and more. Please sign up and start using it
We are constantly optimizing and improving our text to speech conversion services and; In order to maintain this software we collect and leverage usage data. Learn more at http://www.ispeech.org/policies.php
- Version 0.2.10
- Added Arabic, Korean and Greek
- Version 0.2.2
- Updated graphics and settings page
- Added autoplay
- Version 0.2.1
- Switched from MP3 to OGG to fix Chrome OS compatibility
- Version 0.2.0
- Attempting to block excessive DNS queries from preloading
- Version 0.1.9
- All options can be saved
- Language auto-detection added
- Context menus can be toggled without restarting
- Speech API errors are now presented with an alert
- Works on most pages, including Gmail, SSL, and iframes
- Version 0.1.8
- Speed and Voice option was added
- Version 0.1.3