Find all HTML element properties required for Selenium Webdriver automation
Using this extension find the properties of HTML element you intend to use in Webdriver automation code before even programming. So basically this eliminates the time involved in debugging the code to find the element's properties and modify code accordingly.
Using SelAssist sidebar panel -
1. Open "Developer tools" by pressing F12 key(other options - https://developer.chrome.com/devtools#access).
2. Make sure that "Elements" panel is selected/active.
3. Make sure that "SelAssist" sidebar pane is active by clicking on it.
4. Select any HTML element in "Element" panel and corresponding properties are displayed in "SelAssist" sidebar pane.
Using SelAssist panel -
1. Same as first step above.
2. Select 'SelAssist' panel(which appears after Console panel)
3. Select the locator type (Id, Name, ClassName etc)
4. Type the query/value in textbox.
5. Count of matching elements, matching elements are displayed.
6. Hovering on a matching element will scroll to the element and highlight on webpage.
7. Clicking on a matching element will display that element in 'Element' panel.
8. Press 'Find' button or hitting enter key will highlight the first element in 'Elements' panel matching your criteria.
1. This is based on W3C Webdriver spec available @ https://w3c.github.io/webdriver/webdriver-spec.html
2. This extension is still in development and few properties displayed may be inaccurate. Feel free to report on the support link.
3. This extension doesn't track UI changes and update accordingly. After UI has changed, reselect the HTML required element in "Elements" panel after clicking on other element or closing and reopening developer tools to get updated properties.
(Dedicated to all Selenium contributors & users)
Display matching element with pointer
Scroll to element and highlight, on hovering on any matching element according to user's query(SelAssist panel).
Fixed to display text content in the matching element
Display matching elements according to user's query
Added support for "Link Text" & "Partial Link Text" in SelAssist panel
Display count of matching element(s)
Added new panel for inspecting path based on locator type
Added rect property of element in sidebar panel