An easy-to-use flickr photo search app for Chrome!
Searchr! is an easy-to-use flickr photo search app for Google Chrome focused on speed and convenience!
Tired of clicking 15 times just to get to a download link for your favorite flickr photo? This app makes that simple and fast in addition to other time-saving features like:
- Instant downloading of any available image size
- Start and end date taken range searching
- Easy URL and <IMG> tag generation
- Emailing photo links/details
If you enjoy this app or have suggestions drop me a line on the official support page here:
- Text search added
- Search fields all save previous value
- Updated icon!
- Icon issues fixed
- Bug with Sizes pulldown fixed
- Experimenting with Content and Media Type search fields
- Bug and layout fixes
- Trying out a submenu on each photo tag to search via Searchr, Author or Flickr.
- Trying out redesigned UI for the image display popup. Now focusing more on showcasing the photo and making all the buttons less distracting.
- New Feature: Flickr Username Dropdown!
After exploring photos with searchr and finding a lot of new great photographers I decided I should update the app to remember all the Flickr usernames I like so I don't have to - so the app now keeps a list all Flickr users you search on and lets you pull them up again at any time. If you need to delete anyone from the list just hit the trash can icon.
Depending on how stable this feature works I may apply this logic to other fields like tags and text search too. Thoughts/suggestions?
Major Release! Updates included:
* Flickr Authentication!
- Search your and your friends private photos with Searchr!
- Use privacy filters: private, family, friends etc
* Search Results Paging:
- It's embarrassing this wasn't in the app already but it took me a while to get it working right. Now you can finally jump to a specific page in the search results so you can make sure you are seeing all the photos in your search results. There is some work to be done here still to allow specific page jumping etc - but it works fine as-is for now.
* Sort Methods: Posted Date, Taken Date, Relevance, Interesting
* General UI updates / bug fixes
Still plenty more to do but as always feedback/suggestions welcome.
- Bug fixes
- Highest available resolution detection in thumbnail sheet
- Faster photo popup loading
- Minor bug fixes and enhancements
0.58, 0.60, 0.61
- Security updates for Chrome compatibility
- Flickr authentication fixed! It now requires a popup window during the authentication process - but should now allow people to search their private photos now.
- Bug fix where author link was opening multiple author pages on Flickr.com.
- Thumbnail sheet now includes titles for thumbnails (on hover)
- Sadly Flickr auth is not working due to Yahoo security changes. I may or may not fix that in future. However the app was broken for a while for other Domain/DNS reasons - which should be fixed now. So at least regular, non-authenticated searching is back.
- Requested logo/palette adjustments.