This extension adds search capabilities to the Link board section of the casting website Spotlight
Add search capabilities to the performers' Link Board of the Spotlight casting website.
The extension adds a searchbar and accompanying controls to the Board's pages, allowing a registered performer user to find a row in the board by searching for words or terms they remember seeing in the wanted breakdown's brief. The extension traverses the rows of the board in the first few pages (according to the user's preference) and fetches all the rows matching the searched terms.
Currently no search capabilities are present for performer users and they have to do with the filters mechanism which does not allow for a freestyle search. This extension adds that capability.
The spaces typed in the searchbar are interpreted as either AND or OR logic operands between the terms depending on the value the user selects in the corresponding drop-down-list (AND/OR). To use multi-word terms including the spaces between the words use double inverted commas to wrap the multi-word term ("). You may not use double inverted commas as part of a term to search.
Planned future development:
* Better design
- design of the searchbar and accompanying fields and buttons
- design of the shown results according to the even/odd table rows scheme used normally on Spotlight's Link Board
* Adding search capabilities
- Allowing AND and OR logic to co-exist, employing logic operands and parentheses to better format the search terms
- Adding an option to indicate the date to search back up to rather than indicating the number of pages to search
- Adding a selection between searching all the jobs, only those the performer has submitted to or only those s/he hasn't