Search for text on a webpage and replace it with different text.
Allows you to search for text anywhere on the page and replace it with different text. For example:
- quickly correct forms in which the wrong information has been entered multiple times
- edit the text in Content Manage Systems editors such as the WordPress post editor
- edit the HTML of the page
- use regular expressions as a search term
- capture matches from the regular expressions search term and apply as part of the replacement
- save the instance of the search and replace and apply to all subsequent page visits
- match pages by regular expressions to apply rules to many different web pages
1. You must refresh the page or restart chrome before using.
2. Please select "Input Fields Only" if you are editing text in a text editor or form.
2. The popup will not stay open if you click elsewhere. This is a feature of Chrome.
View a video of it in action here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf0D8RUdwkI