Capture visible content of a tab, a region of a web page, or the whole page as a PNG image.
It's easy to use this extension to capture visible content of a tab, a region of a web page, or the whole page as a PNG image.
You can also edit your captured image before saving it as a PNG image. Highlighting, redacting and adding text are supported.
What set this extension apart are:
- Super fast when capturing page image, esp. for large pages
- Support horizontal scroll for large pages that do not fit in one tab screen horizontally
- Intelligently detect floating objects on a page and avoid repeating capture of the same floating objects if whole page capture requires scrolling
- Works on Windows, Linux and Mac
New in Version 3:
- Capture Region can now capture a region bigger than the visible part of the page
- New editing tools: rounded rectangle and oval highlighting
- Supports copying the captured image to clipboard on Windows and Linux
New in Version 4:
- Share your screenshot to Picasa Web/Facebook/Sina Microblog
- Print the captured image in Windows
New in Version 5:
- Capture screen region in Windows and Linux
- Customize shortcuts
- Support capture screen region in Linux
- Fix capture region when the page is zoomed (only in Windows)
- A brand-new color set for editing
- Don't open option page when starting Chrome
- Fix the bug that hot key still works when disabled
- Fix the bug that saving fails when page title is too long
- Fix overriding window.onresize
- Upgrade to manifest v2
- Fix the bug saving too large images
- Remove NPAPI plugin
- Fix sharing to Picasa Web and Sina Microblog
- Fix a UI bug in Mac
- Add the "Save" button back. Clicking on the "Save" button opens a new tab containing the screenshot. You can
use "Save as..." in Chrome menu, or right click on the screenshot to save it.
Q: Why can't I capture region or whole page on new tabs, extension gallery pages or local HTML pages?
A: To capture region or whole page, we need to run functions in content script, but content script can't be injected in these pages.
For more FAQs, please see here: http://code.google.com/p/chrome-screen-capture/wiki/EnglishFAQ
By installing this extension, you agree to the Terms of Service at https://chrome.google.com/extensions/intl/en/gallery_tos.html