Scratch 3 Developer Tools to enhance your Scratch Editing Experience on https://scratch.mit.edu
Hey I'm Griffpatch from Scratch - For those who are serious about their Scratch Coding, this is the tool for you! :)
I've waited too long for an official way in Scratch 3 to jump to custom block definitions, etc... so I've begun to create my own chrome extension that allows for speedy navigation to any custom block, event receiver, or other hat blocks in your project. Now supports locating variable and list references by name and an improved script tidier.
Simply install the extension in chrome, and then load up a scratch project. The new Find box will appear (Ctrl + F to jump to it or mouse over it), and all the hat blocks in the current sprite are listed in order of type, name, and then where they are on the page. Click on one (or use keyboard) to jump straight to the block stack in the editor! YAY!!!
Much more to come if you like this... and the Scratch Team is willing :) - Course they are *grin* - They love the Scratch community and so do I :) - Enjoy everyone and let me know if there's any problems at: https://scratch.mit.edu/users/griffpatch/
20 Sept 2019 - v0.1.3
● Added Support for searching broadcasts & custom block usages (within same sprite)
● Merged any duplicate events together in dropdown (e.g. when sprite cloned)
20 Sept 2019 - v0.1.0
● Added Support for searching variables & lists, plus keyboard navigation between usages (left + right arrows).
● Drop down stays open and current item selected until you click away.
● Blocks are only scrolled into view if they are 'off screen' or hidden under the drop down.
● Tidy Up Scripts button - I think this works better than the standard scratch one - it trys to keep the general order of scripts the same, but pushes things out and arranges them neatly. It also removes the orphaned blocks and places them all down the far left for easy deletion.
v0.0.1 - Initial Release