Scraper extracts data out of HTML web pages and imports it into excel, xls, xlsx, csv, json, xml files.
Parsers (scraper) is an extension for scraping data from websites. This is an excellent tool for marketers, shop owners and many others. With the help of a scraper you can easily analyze the availability of products from competitors, monitor price changes and etc. With the help of a parser, you can quickly download catalogs of products with the required characteristics. This function will help optimize the work with a lot of data.
Examples of data types that can be obtained by using our extension:
• Information about places of rest, living conditions, weather, mode of operation of museums.
• Product description: names, photos, weight, size, color, shape, quantity, shipping and payment information, prices, etc.
• Collection of articles: headlines, article, date of publication.
• Information about the property: addresses, prices, area, photo, year of construction, information about the owners, etc.
• Collect feedback about the company from various sources to analyze public opinion.
• Collect data on thousands of activities to create an app.
• Download resumes or vacancies from different sources.
• Profiles of people: names, surnames, birthdays, photos, contacts, place of work, positions, place of residence, etc.
• Encyclopedic data.
• Data for the learning AI (Artificial Intelligence).
For whom scraper Parsers will become an indispensable tool:
• Store owners: search for potential customers, product data.
• Businessmen: monitor competitors to build a better business strategy.
• Estate agent.
• Personnel manager.
• Startup creators for a successful launch.
• Buyers of different products: price analysis on different websites.
• Press people.
Data obtained with the scraper Parsers can be easily processed using Microsoft Excel and other data visualization programs. Parsers supports all popular data formats, such as xls, xlsx, csv, json, xml and API.
For example, using the scraper, you can download the names of goods and their cost and, according to the data obtained, build a graph of price changes for the period of interest. Or to build the diagram of adding of articles by dates and many other things.
How does Parsers work?
The work of the parser (scraper) is similar to the work of search engines. Search engines on request analyze the content of the site and print the result in the browser.
Working with scraper Parsers, you select the necessary elements on the site page and, with the help of xpath, the extension passes the address of the value that you need to the server. Next, a special program analyzes the site and finds pages of the same type. From these pages, the program retrieves the information you previously marked and writes to the file. After processing the required number of pages on the site, you get the values in a separate file that you can download.
With this scraper extension it is very easy to work. You just need to specify the name and select a value on any product card. All extracted data is expanded into xls, xlsx, csv, json, xml file and API.
Instructions for the parser:
1. Install the scraper Parsers extension in the chrome webstore
2. Go to the product / profile / article card page
3. Click on the icon to open the extension in the upper right corner of the browser
4. Click on the desired value on the site page
5. Make sure that the indicated value appears in the “Highlight the field on the sieve” field.
6. In the Label field enter the name of the data group
7. If you need to download additional data group, click the "Add new field" button and repeat steps 3-4
8. After filling all fields, click the "Start" button
9. In an scraper extension window you will see the number of the pages viewed by a parser and quantity satisfying to your request. Pay attention that process of scraping can take some time.
10. You can close this page or browser, but the scraping process will still continue. If you want to check the progress of scraping, open the page and the extension on it or go to the History page on the site
11. After completing the scraping process in the scraper extension window, click the "Show data" button
12. View visualized data
13. Select data format to download
14. Open the file on your computer
We are always ready to help you. If you have any questions during the installation, operation of the scraper extension, or have suggestions for adding new features – write to us here or in community Parsers on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/parsers/ In this community you can also share scraping results, interesting materials or leave a review.
On our website http://parsers.me/ you will find many interesting articles about the different applications of the scraper, about data collection and their analysis.