Create Microsoft Word document from complete or selected content of multiple web pages.
This extension converts complete web page or selected part of it into Microsoft Word Document (docx). You can also choose to convert content from multiple web pages or only selected part of them into a single word document. The converted document can be downloaded to local disk.
This extension reads the HTML structure of the current page or the selected part and converts it into corresponding docx structure.
1. INSTALL / UPDATE
- After installing or updating, this extension will not work for tabs which were open prior to installation/update unless those tabs are reloaded or chrome is restarted.
2. WHAT CAN I CONVERT?
- This extension can convert any web page into Microsoft word document except following pages -
All the Chrome Web Store pages (including this one).
Urls starting with chrome:// for ex. chrome://extensions
Urls starting with chrome-extension://
3. SOME CONVERTED PAGES DON'T LOOK THE SAME
- All the contents are converted into word document with most of the formatting intact. There can be differences in the layout though.
4. WHY DOES SAVED DOCUMENT FOR SOME WEB PAGES SHOW SQUARE BOXES?
- It specially happens for the web pages which are in language other than English. Currently app doesn't support conversion of fonts required for all the languages.
5. WHY DOESN'T IT WORK FOR LOCAL HTML FILES?
- For security reasons chrome browser doesn't allow extension to access File Urls unless an explicit permission from the User.
If you want extension to work for local HTML files then all you need to do is -
1. Visit extensions management page (chrome://extensions).
2. Go to "Save webpage as word document" extension.
3. Check "Allow access to file URLs" check-box.
4. Reload your local HTML file.