Save PDFs and EPUBs to Polar.
Polar’s Chrome extension is the easiest and fastest way to save or clip web pages in your Polar document repository. It also captures most relevant content from webpages like links, images, and more.
Save any webpage with one click on the extension icon.
Once your document is in Polar, you have a comprehensive document and knowledge management tool to get the most out of your reading. Polar includes a document repository, a native document reader (for PDFs, EPUBs, and webpages), advanced annotation management, knowledge repository, flashcards (with review features using spaced repetition), and more.
Polar is the easiest way to build a networked knowledge base from your reading. Store all your reading documents in one place, regardless of file type (webpage, PDF, EPUB). Polar also enables you to keep your annotations and comments in one place. It’s perfect for incremental reading or active reading, especially for technical and scientific documents. Build a networked knowledge base by cross-referencing annotations and sections of documents across files with annotation-level tags.
In addition, Polar allows you to create flashcards in one click from annotations, review flashcards using Polar’s spaced repetition algorithm, and sync your flashcards with Anki.
Polar’s key features include:
- Document management - reading progress, incremental reading, close reading, annotations, highlights, tags, pagemarks, cloud storage,...
- Cross-referencing of thoughts and documents with tags
- Learning tool - auto-convert annotations into flashcards in one click, spaced repetition
- Anki integration
- Free cloud storage (with local storage available too)
- Multiple document formats - PDF, web pages (full caching), and more
- System agnostic - Web, Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Cross device - mobile, desktop, tablet
Polar is especially useful for students and knowledge professionals with high loads of information to manage. It has also proven as a go-to tool for many people with learning disabilities (ADHD, dyslexia,...) as it simplifies study flows significantly.