Save selected images from any website to create your fashion moodboard
👚 Save textile design images and inspiration from any website instantly. Create your fashion moodboard in minutes.
Make the Dot is a collaborative workspace for textile design, enabling design projects to be completed quicker and together.
Built with fashion designers from brands such as; ASOS, Fashion Institute of Technology (New York), and Champion, Make the Dot helps designers free up their headspace and spend more time creating.
With our extension, you can capture textile design inspiration directly into your collaborative workspace, with the original source links right at your fingertips.
Allowing you to create your fashion moodboard in minutes.
No more downloading and re-uploading images, or looking for the sources of your inspiration during a design review meeting.
⚙️ Key Features
- Save textile design images and inspiration across multiple web tabs instantly, directly to your design concept board
- See all the source links of all the images no matter their web location
- Sleep mode, to turn extension on and off when you’re not in your moodboarding flow
🖼️ Infinite Canvas
- A collaborative workspace built around an infinite design canvas designed specifically for textile design
- Multiple zoom and zoom to fit options for maxmium design and moodboard visualization
- Organize and align cards with one click saving you time and headspace
🎨 Color Palettes
- Use the eye dropper tool to create color chips direct from images, as soon as they arrive on your moodboard
- A built in pantone color library, with all latest codes included in all subscriptions
- Translate HEX/RBG into Pantone, and back again within the same feature
- Over 100 fonts available from a built in Google text library
- Highlight and underline certain words and sections directly on the moodboard
- Resize fonts in multiple sizes
- Invite an editor directly onto your fashion moodboard to create together during a design meeting, in real-time
- Share a public link of your concept board to external viewers if any further edits are not wanted
- Comment on individual cards to provide asynchronous feedback, with notifications sent direct to your inbox
- Export your whole fashion moodboard, or only certain sections in PNG or JPEG to keep a printout copy
🚀 Some uses for Make the Dot
- Fashion moodboard
- Surface pattern design inspiration board
- Design concept board
- Fashion lookbook
- Visual linesheet
All available across any device - accessed remotely or at your design studio.
🎬 Getting started
1. Enable chrome extension on Chrome Webstore
2. Login or create an account if haven’t yet done so
3. The extension will automatically be enabled and become active
4. Browse your favourite websites for textile design inspiration
5. Hover over an image to select it and save it directly to your moodboard, concept board or surface pattern design inspiration board
Updated: February 12, 2024