Offers the ability to save tabs as Internet shortcut files.
This extension offers the ability to save tabs as Internet shortcut files.
Personally, I've always used Internet shortcut files for a multitude of reasons. For example, I use them:
1. To passively share links to content with people via shared folders.
2. To supersede the temporary use of pinned tabs and bookmarks.
3. As portable links.
4. To accompany resources (installers with links to the websites, projects with links to assets, etc)
But, I've always found them so awkward to create. Hence, this extension.
Q: Can I get prompted for where to save each file?
A: Yes but you have to go to chrome://settings/downloads and enable the option "Ask where to save each file before downloading"
Q: Are you aware of X issue?
A: I'm not currently aware of any issues so please let me know if you've found one.
Q: Can I test upcoming features and fixes?
A: Yes, there is a beta version available here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/save-as-shortcut-beta/kmemfmaclfmhaddkneldhbcmlpoanbmg
Q: Does this extension have any tracking or collect any personal information?
A: Nope. Simple as that.
• 2.39.* (2019/08/22)
- Changed default type to cross-platform.
- Added option for numbering files in ZIP file.
• 2.38.* (2019/08/16)
- Added keyboard shortcut and context menu options for "Save All".
- Changed "Save All" downloading method from individual files to a single ZIP file to work around OS connection limitations.
- Changed "Save All" downloading target from all windows' tabs to current window's tabs.
- Numbered files in ZIP according to their original tab position.
• 2.37.* (2019/08/15)
- Added option to download all tabs as shortcut files.
- Added "Recommended" to cross-platform option.
• 2.36.* (2019/03/27)
- Removed experimental shortcut type "Native" to avoid confusion.
• 2.35.* (2019/03/27)
- Added to options section: shortcut to chrome://settings/downloads.
• 2.34.* (2019/03/25)
- Added to options section: ability to disable context menu and shortcut to chrome://extensions/shortcuts.
- Tidied up code.
• 2.33.* (2019/03/24)
- Fixed a bug where the detected title / name and URL wouldn’t update on certain tab or content changes.
• 2.32.* (2019/03/24)
- Changed the downloading method so that the last download directory is remembered. A side effect of this means that you will have to enable the option "Ask where to save each file before downloading" in chrome://settings/downloads.
• 2.31.* (2019/03/24)
- Fixed type preference remembering bug.
- Tweaked font size and radio button labels so that clicking on them will tick the radio button.
• 2.30.* (2019/03/23)
- Fixed "undefined.undefined" filename error caused by initial installation / update.
• 2.29.* (2019/03/22)
- Added cross-platform (HTML) option.
- Fixed field tabbing.
• 2.28.* (2019/03/22)
- Added keyboard shortcut (set in chrome://extensions/shortcuts).
• 2.27.* (2019/03/16)
- Added context / right-click menu entry.
• 1.26.* (2018/03/20)
- Fixed broken downloading via Enter / Return.
- Fixed broken layout issues.
• 1.25.* (2018/03/16)
- Fixed broken downloading by (1) replacing webkitURL with URL and (2) replacing downloading via HTML (“<a href=”URL” download=”fileName”></a>”) with downloading via Google Chrome (“chrome.downloads.download”).
• 1.24.* (2015/05/08)
- Added ability to save shortcut simply by pressing the Return or Enter keys. Thanks to Matthew Hollander for implementing this on my behalf.
- Fixed font and layout rendering issues.
• 1.22.* (2013/10/25)
- Options for Internet shortcut filetypes.
- Removed library-dependencies.