Sample and edit audio directly from your browser
Capture audio as you browse, and introduce new sounds to your production with an unmatched ease!
Sample is an in-browser sampler that enables you to capture audio from any page on the web.
### Change log ###
* New recording engine to resolve sound clipping issue for some users
* Under the hood fixes and improvements
I'm now looking for beta testers for Sample 2.0!
If you'd like to participate ping me @firstname.lastname@example.org with "Sample 2.0 beta participation" in the subject.
* Increased buffer fix to clipping issue that some users had
* Small UI tweaks
* Compliance related fix (removing unused permission)
A quick version update to make sure Sample is compliant with chrome web store policy (I'm removing an unused permission). Took the chance to roll out some bug fixes and UI tweaks.
For those of you who experience audio clipping, I increased the buffer size which supposed to solve the issue, let me know if it still persist so I can return to breaking my head over it :D
Sample v2 is definitely on the way with a fresh look and awesome new features.
I'm writing it from scratch, including a custom sound encoder to ensure your samples are in top quality. I'm developing Sample as a one-man side-project (for now at least :P), so ETAs are a hard to do, but you'll know once it drops.
Thank you everybody for the support, when the idea of creating Sample first came to me I never imagined that 15K users will find it useful, you da best!
For any issue or enquiry, don't hesitate to reach me @ email@example.com
and leave a positive review if you enjoy my work.
* Chrome version related bug fixes
* Major release is on the way
* Adding preferences page: sampling rate and type can now be changed
* Max recording time is up to 15 minutes
* Sample can now record in the background
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
* Audio is recorded with a sampling rate of 44.1/48/96kHz
* Mono/stereo recording
* Up to 15 minutes of continuous recording time
* Recorded audio can be trimmed with a precision of .001 seconds
* Backwards playback
* Audio can be exported in a .WAV format
Stay tuned for additional features, and let me know if you have any requests.