Enhance Gonville and Caius College's meal booking website with a dash of Salt
We all know Caius' current meal booking website leaves a lot to be desired.
Well, fear not!
No longer shall booking a meal be such a tasteless experience.
Salt drastically improves the UI, making information more readable, accessible and mobile-friendly.
Salt also adds several quality-of-life features (many student-requested) such as:
- A calendar to choose your meal
- One-click booking from the main page
- Actual signup open dates instead of '4 days before'
- The ability to filter through who's booked in for a meal to find your friends
- In case that still takes too long, the ability to add your friends' names on the profile page so they always show at the top of the list
- Meals have tags (such as gowns, suits, black-tie, guests allowed, etc) so you don't have to read through all that text
- The allergen key can also be seen above the menu so you finally know what all those letters mean
- You can quickly copy meal details to send to guests so they know the time, place, dress code, menu, etc
- Dark mode so booking meals at 6am doesn't wake you up too much
- And much more!
Note: if you're logged into a Google Account or Chrome Profile with your @cam.ac.uk email address, the university doesn't let you use extensions. To use Salt you'll have to sign out of both your Google Account and Chrome Profile to install it, then you can sign back into your Google Account.
Note: Salt was designed with students' experience in mind so it may be a little off for staff (they are very welcome to give feedback so I can improve it for them!)