For inspecting Lightning apps
The Salesforce Lightning Inspector opens up and improves your Lightning Component development, giving you access to a wealth of data about your running applications and components.
With the Salesforce Lightning Inspector you can:
- Easily inspect and navigate the structure of your components
- Identify performance bottlenecks by looking at a graph of component creation time
- Debug server interactions faster by monitoring and modifying responses
- Navigate the component tree, inspect components and their associated DOM elements
- Track event firing and handling sequences
Update July 10, 2020
Changed to only allow use with Salesforce URLs to comply with Google policy. The inspector will not work with Lightning Out hosted on non-Salesforce URLs.
Update March 19, 2019
Added Lightning Stylesheet Previewer
Update Sept 7, 2018
Update Dec 27, 2016
Improvements and new features:
Actions Tab shows the component that fired the action.
Chaos Manager improvements
Lightning Inspector leverages SLDS
- Include custom transactions
- Better timing measurements (now show ms since page load)
- Disabled the server performance timings for actions (clicking on an action will do nothing for now)
- Fixed timeline sizing and colors.
- Tooltip to the graph bars to show start and end times.
Lightning Out support
LI now works on every page that has Aura.
Only instruments the page when you launch Lightning Inspector
Update October 4, 2016
Get component descriptions from more product areas, see transactions graphically, review event call stacks, and get the Salesforce Lightning Inspector DevTools extension in more languages.
Update June 30, 2015
v220.127.116.11: More bug fixes
Update June 8, 2016
v18.104.22.168: This is mostly a bug fix release, but a few helpful features have been added.
* Event handlers should show up
* Component view has less redundant information
* Double click on components in more places to navigate around the component tree
* Additional value providers show up in the component view (helpful for iteration and if)
Update Oct 11, 2017
* Fixes a bug when serializing the component tree
* New Faster component tree
* Implemented search (Ctrl+F) for Component tree