Saves the Dependent Picklist Matrix as a CSV file
NOTE: Some users have reported that the extension does not work for them if they are using VPN or proxy. Please check if this is the case for you as well and try without VPN/proxy.
Some users have reported that the exported file does not have complete data. In all these cases, the data is trimmed after a special character (for example '+' or any other character). I am not able to replicate this issue on my end so can not fix it. If you face similar issue and willing to spend time to resolve this with me, please contact by email.
You can support the app development here: https://buymeacoffee.com/maninders
For any queries contact by email.
Why you need this app?
Salesforce does not provide any feature to extract the Dependent Picklist Matrix for analysis, comparison and reporting. This extension helps to export the dependency matrix as a CSV file and supports using "View All" for more than 5000 entries.
- Supported in Classic
- Supported in Lightning
Demo : https://youtu.be/k0Q91yrtCeE
This extension requires a paid license key subscription and offers a free 7-day free trial. Your card will be charged at the end of the free trial. You can cancel the subscription during this trial and you will not be charged.
This app was free for use for more than 3 years. To compensate for the effort required to keep this app working we have set up paid licence with minimal cost and a free trial.
Steps to use:
- Install the Extension
- Set the Salesforce logged in user language to English.
- Go to the Edit/View page of the Dependent Picklist, where the picklist values are included/excluded based on the Parent value.
- You will see option to purchase a licence on this screen.
- Once you have purchased the licence, right click the extension icon to the right of the Chrome address bar and select "Options". Enter the Subscription License Key and click "Save".
- You will have to refresh the picklist matrix page for the update to take effect. Now you can use the extension.
- Ensure you are on the first page of the matrix.
- Click the Green "Export Matrix" button. This button is added by this extension to the page only if you have a valid licence.
- The CSV file will be downloaded automatically with name "<Controlling field Label>-<Dependent Field Label>". The file has a header row with first column as Parent Field and second column as Child Field.
- The csv data is also copied to the clipboard.
- Characters like > are represented as > and similarly for other special characters.
For View All feature (Tested for 300 x 1000 matrix which is the max you can create):
- Click on the "View All" button to see all the values on single page.
- Be patient for the page to load. It can take some time if the matrix is large.
- If you get page not responsive alert click on "Wait" to continue processing. Do this as many times as you get alert.
Without using this extension when you click "View All" you will receive error "The table has over 5,000 entries. "View All" is disabled." if there are more than 5000 entries.
NOTE: Tested to work when user language is set to English.
Giving your valuable review and rating will be an appreciation token to the developer.
- The csv file now contains all values of the matrix with INCLUDED/EXCLUDED flag for each
- Fixed bugs, modified UI and added Licensing
- Added support for "View All" for more than 5000 entries.
- bug fixes