Detects unsafe search queries and autocomplete suggestions, marks or filter unsafe suggestions, and helps you search safely.
Our AI algorithm scans both the queries that you type into your browser’s address bar and the autocomplete suggestions. Once it detects unsafe terms in the address bar or in the autocomplete suggestions, it will mark the potentially unsafe search queries and autocomplete suggestions with warning signs and provide you with a quick link to look for the same search term with your browser’s SafeSearch filter on. It helps you avoid visiting result pages and sites which may contain adult content, violence, drugs, tobacco, or similar inappropriate content.
In the Settings of this extension, you can choose to enforce different levels of safety:
1. Low safety level: Normal results without SafeSearch filtering are displayed. You may be exposed to unsafe content.
2. Medium safety level: AI detection on your search queries is activated; once an unsafe search query is detected, the extension will mark it with a warning sign and provide you with a quick link to look for the same query with your browser’s SafeSearch filter on.
3. Strict safety level: AI detection on your search queries and autocomplete suggestions is activated; once an unsafe search query or unsafe autocomplete suggestions are detected, the extension will mark it with warning signs, and provide you with a quick link to look for the same query with your browser’s SafeSearch filter on.
What types of content do we mark as unsafe?
8. And more non-compliant subjects
How does it work?
If your safety level is set on “strict”:
1. Type in your address bar the term “mp3”
2. Our AI detects that the autocomplete suggestions might contain unsafe content and marks them with a warning symbol
3. A quick link is provided in the autocomplete for you to search for the term “mp3” with your browser’s SafeSearch filter on.
For this extension to function, we would require the following permissions from you:
1. "Change your Search Settings" - In order to perform the AI-powered search function to assist your search, we require this permission to change your search settings to our search domain thesafesearch.net, powered by Yahoo. In this extension, we support Yahoo, Google, and Bing. If you want to change your search engine, you can go to the Settings of this extension and make the change.
2. “contextMenus” - We require this permission in order to access the extension’s drop-down menu and add items that help improve user experience.
3. “Notifications” - This permission is optional. Once we detect a potentially unsafe search query, we would like to send you a notification to warn you about it and provide you a quick link to search with your browser’s SafeSearch filter on. If you do not wish to receive such notifications, you can turn it off in the Settings of the extension and it will not affect the performance of this extension.
How to remove/uninstall this extension?
You can open your Chrome browser’s Settings and find our extension in the Extensions page. Click on the “Remove” button and it will be completely removed. Alternatively, you can right-click on the extension’s icon on your browser, select “Remove from Chrome” from the drop-down menu.
Terms of Service: https://www.safesearches.online/terms
Contact Us: https://www.safesearches.online/contact