SAFARI Montage users can easily ingest any weblink, YouTube link, Google Doc link or file, or capture a Google Slide as a Slate.
SAFARI Montage now offers a powerful new feature using the SAFARI Montage Chrome Extension button.
No matter where you are on the Internet, with just one click, you can use the SM extension button to save almost any weblink directly to the SAFARI Montage Learning Object Repository (LOR). And for any Google Doc, you can use the SM extension button to save your document, presentation, or spreadsheet as a link or file (in both Microsoft Office plus PDF formats) in the SAFARI Montage LOR.
Here’s just some of the magic it can do:
• Weblinks: Ingest any weblink, capturing URL and title, description (if available), and creating a thumbnail.
• Google Docs: Ingest any Google Docs document, presentation or spreadsheet as a weblink or as a file, capturing both PDF and Microsoft Office formats and auto-populating the title with the file name and creating a thumbnail.
• YouTube: Ingest any YouTube link, creating an education friendly presentation and auto-capturing the title and copyright year, creating a description identifying the YouTube channel, and a thumbnail and placing this item in your Web Streaming Video search results tab.
• Google Slides: Ingest any single Google Slide to auto-create a SAFARI Montage Slate, capturing the slide title and, if available, the slide content as the description.
• More coming soon!
Note: This extension will follow the same rights that you normally have for uploading any file or link into your SAFARI Montage files or locker in the broader school or district LOR.
System Requirements and Deployment:
For the SAFARI Montage Chrome Browser Extension deployment, a school district must have a Google G Suite hosted domain in order to effectuate this service at an enterprise level. For optimal feature functionality, the school district’s provisioning of SAFARI Montage user accounts will need to have aligned users by matching SAFARI Montage user account email addresses with G Suite user account names, which will already have been done if SAFARI Montage is configured for Sign In with Google.
• Requires a School District SAFARI Montage LOR Subscription v.7.4.50 or higher and SAFARI Montage administrator configuration.
• User requirements include the Chrome browser and a Google User Account.