Check In RunSignUp race participants with or without an internet connection.
The RunSignUp Check In App is a Chrome App. There is a database (IndexedDB – an open database standard implemented by most HTML 5 browsers) where we can store data locally for use offline. We will download the entire participant data set into this local browser-based database and then update every minute with any changes that are available like new registrations or assigned bib numbers bi-directionally.
The RunSignUp Check In App has these key features:
• Off-line Mode – this means you do not need to rely on an Internet connection.
• Auto-Sync – the app will auto-sync in the background so even spotty Internet service will work.
• Manual Sync – Click a button to initiate a sync operation manually.
• Fast Searching – since all the data is local you have reliable, fast searching.
• Dynamic Bib Assignment – simply type in the bib numbers as you hand them to participants at the expo or on race day (no wasted bib tags!).
• Waiver Check-In – make sure your participants have signed their waiver and check when they sign it on race day.
• Bar Code Readers – You can speed check-in with barcode readers.
• Send emails before the race with participant barcodes.
• Customize Printing – Select which fields you want printed and the order
• Label Printing – Print bib labels on the Dymo 450 thermal label printer to speed professional check-in with dynamic bib assignment.
• Auto-sized Label Printing – put all the information you want on your bib labels – we support auto-sizing of the font to fit the label.
• Receipt Printer – print inexpensive thermal paper receipts that your participants can take to the Giveaway and Add-On Pickup area to speed check-in and reduce lines.
• Create Multiple Check-In Pages – fit each check-in station to your own needs
• Customize Search Page – select which columns you want to show on the search results page.
• Customize Check-in Pop-Up – select which data you want to show in the pop-up to check people in.
• Customize Edit Fields – select which fields check-in volunteers can edit.
• Rapid Check-In – No pop-up option – just search and click. Or scan barcode and done (like entering a ballpark or concert).
• Linked Registrations – Allows you to find all the people who registered in the same transaction – like a family – with a click of a button.
• Search by Team Name – Find everyone on a team easily.
• Mark Manual Payments – Record cash payments taken at check-in.
• Reports – This will give you the ability to report on check-in stats and even track on a per station basis.
• Free and Open – There is no charge for the Check-In App. In addition anyone can create a race and upload participants for free even if the participants are imported from another registration system, and the app would fully work. Also, since this is updating the common fields used in RunSignUp it integrates well with scoring and timing software like The Race Director, RunScore and RunScore Results and Agee Timing.