This extension greatly simplifies the process of pointing out mistakes in the chapter contents.
This extension allows you to gather your edit suggestions while reading, without the hassle of copying the text, scrolling down and adding it to your comment, then formatting it to show which parts need to be changed.
How to use the extension:
1. While on a chapter page on RoyalRoadL, select a part of the text that you want to suggest edits to.
2. Click on the small icon that shows up near your mouse cursor when you let up the mouse button after selecting the text.
3. A popup appears where you can apply the modifications you want to suggest to the original text. The 'Changes' section shows you the paragraph that will be added to your comment if you press the 'Add to comment' button.
4. Click on the 'Add to comment' button to add the result to your comment, or click on the 'Cancel' button to simply close the popup.
There are also a few quality of life changes to the website that can be turned on or off in the options page of the extension.
I have a few planned upgrades for the future:
- customizing the automatic added text for the beginning of the comment, which is currently 'Edit suggestions:'
- enabling/disabling the extension by simply clicking on the extension icon (useful if you don't like the small icon popping up whenever you select something in the chapter text)
- adding a functionality that enables authors to automatically gather all suggestions made by this extension and applying them with a few clicks to the original text. (This will be a bigger undertaking and I'm not 100% sure I can make it as streamlined as I would want it to be. We'll see.)
If you have suggestions don't hesitate to share them!