List tasks and send email notifications using the form. Automatically add regular tasks with repeating events in the calendar.
Rose Task Manager provides an ideal way to manage your own tasks or those of your team. It supports the scheduling of regular tasks via a Google Calendar and can send email notifications of task listings or status updates to all involved. It also automatically completes task start and end time in the task list spreadsheet, and copes with columns being added or moved around.
* Open the task request form (Form > Go to live form) and submit a task.
You'll see the task listed in the Task List sheet and the user and the
list admin/owner will receive an email notification.
* Open the Rose Task Manager calendar (google.com/calendar) and add
events you would like to schedule to appear as tasks on the task list
sheet. These can be one-off or regular tasks. Every night the calendar
will be checked, you will see that day's tasks on the task list and
you'll receive an email notification. This calendar is produced
alongside the default calendar provided by your Google account, see
the Google support pages for more information on creating event and
managing multiple calendars.
* Share a link to the request form with your team or organisation to
allow them to submit task requests, or bookmark it for yourself to use.
* Send a status update email to a submitter</strong> by clicking on a
row to select it and using Add-ons > Rose Task Manager > Send Status
* A new "Task List" tab. DO NOT RENAME THIS SHEET.
* A new sheet "Fields" tab that is used for validating the Priority and
Status values. DO NOT RENAME THIS SHEET.
* A Google Form (Form > Go to live form) for adding tasks to the
* Task email notifications. Submitting a task via the task request form
sends an email notification to the user and the owner of the task
* A Google Calendar called Rose Task Manager (google.com/calendar). The
script automatically runs every nigh, converting calendar events for
that day into tasks in the task list sheet. This allows you to take
advantage of the calendar's scheduling ability to create regular tasks.
This calendar is produced alongside the default calendar provided by
your Google account, see the Google support pages for more information
on creating event and managing multiple calendars.
Contact me (Andrew Roberts - firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions or suggestions. Issues, bugs, feature requests can also be listed in the issue tracker (bit.ly/RoseTM_Issues).
You can also get more information off the website (andrewroberts.net/portfolio/rose-task-manager/) or follow me on twitter (andrewroberts6) for the latest updates.