For use in your existing RM Tutor-managed classroom, the RM Student app can be installed on each student device running the Google…
For use in your existing RM Tutor-managed classroom, the RM Student app can be installed on each student device running the Google Chrome OS. From the teacher's desktop you can then connect to each system enabling you to monitor and interact with each student quickly and efficiently.
- View a thumbnail of each student machine in a single view.
- Show the teacher's screen to selected students when presenting.
- Perform a Show to students in a browser tab, or in Full Screen mode.
- Show an application to selected students.
- Use multiple monitors: the teacher can select an individual screen to show to students, or show all of them.
- Lock the student's mouse and keyboard when instructing.
- Send an instant survey or request for feedback to each student and display the results in real time.
- Open a discussion session which all students or selected students can join, entering and sharing their comments with the rest of the class.
- Send an attention-grabbing message or instruction to each student machine.
- Students can send a request for help to the Tutor.
- Block unauthorized websites.
- Restrict the student to a list of approved websites only.
- Block all Internet access.
- Launch a website on the Student Chromebook.
- Close a website on the Student Chromebook.
- During a View session, copy the content of the clipboard between teacher and student devices.
- Block FTP access.
- View details of the website that students are currently viewing.
- Prompt students to register at the start of each lesson.
- Manage mobile students, choosing from three modes for grouping students.
INSTALLATION and PRE-REQUISITES:
For a teacher to be able to monitor and interact with their students using Google Chromebooks:
- Name & Connectivity Server must be installed on a Windows Server.
- The RM Tutor client must be installed on the teacher's Windows computer.
- The RM Student extension must be installed on each of the students' Chromebooks.
Latest enhancements in version 1.53:
- Added support for central policy management. Organizations that use 'Google Apps for Domains' can now centrally manage their settings from within the Google Admin Console, including:
* The ability to force-install the RM Student extension
* Export your Student configuration settings as a policy template for use globally on all other Student devices.
- Enhanced Power Management. Improved Power Management capabilities ensure devices don’t enter 'sleep mode' while they are connected to a Tutor-managed class.
- Enhanced security. The RM Student options page can now be password protected
Please note that the download of this app does not include a licence, and you must purchase a licence separately in order to use it. If you are a student or teacher looking to access this app, please contact your system administrator for support. If you are the system administrator, to purchase licences please contact your Account Manager or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.