Turn pieces of ANSI based text art and ASCII, NFO plain text into HTML.
Despite the web built on text, the modern web is incapable of accurately displaying text written in legacy formats that have been in everyday use for decades.
Here is where RetroTxt comes in. It converts legacy text into modern HTML for your web browser including nfo, txt, ASCII and ANSI art, either hosted online or stored on your computer. RetroTxt then injects an accurate retro monospace font and applies optional styling to improve the display and readability.
- View ANSI, ASCII, NFO, Shift JIS, PCBoard, Wildcat text art as HTML
- View server and dev-op logs formatted in coloured text with modern fonts
- RGB 16.7 million, xterm 256 and IBM VGA 16 colour support
- Swappable ANSI palettes, xterm, VGA, CGA, monochrome and switchable iCE Colors
- Swappable ASCII & NFO colour themes, DOS, Windows, Amiga, C-64, Apple II, Atari ST
- SAUCE metadata parsing
- Multiple text encodings support including CP437, ISO-8959-1, Windows-1252, Shift JIS
- Text rendering toggles, smeared, shadow and normal
- Multiple IBM PC font support such as VGA, PS/2, EGA, CGA, MDA plus variants and more
- Various Amiga fonts plus Mona, Commodore PETSCII, Atari ATASCII, Atari ST and Apple II