Turn pieces of ANSI based text art and ASCII, NFO plain text into HTML.
Despite the web being built on text, the modern web is incapable of accurately displaying texts written in legacy formats that have been in common use for decades.
This is where RetroTxt comes in. It converts legacy text into modern HTML for Chrome including `nfo` `txt` ASCII and ANSI art, either hosted online or stored on your computer. RetroTxt then injects an accurate retro monospace font and applies optional styling to improve the display and readability.
- View ANSI, ASCII, NFO, Shift-JIS, PCBoard, Wildcat text art as HTML
- RGB 16.7 million, xterm 256 and IBM VGA 16 colour support
- Swappable ANSI palettes, xterm, VGA, cyan/magenta CGA, monochrome and toggable iCE Colors
- Swappable ASCII & NFO font and colour themes, DOS, Windows, Amiga, C-64, Apple II, Atari ST
- SAUCE metadata parsing
- Multiple text encodings support including CP437, ISO-8959-1, Windows-1252
- Text rendering toggles, smeared, shadow and normal
- Multiple IBM PC font support such as VGA, EGA, CGA, MDA plus variants and more
- Multiple Amiga fonts plus Mona, Commodore PETSCII, Atari ATASCII, ST and Apple II
- Free and open-source.
- A lot of Bulletin Board System era ANSI art that relied on the 80x25 terminal with cursor positioning to create visual text motion and animations do not convert to HTML