Start recording a replay in one click.
In one click, open the current website in the Replay Browser and immediately start recording a replay! If you’re new to Replay, install at replay.io to get started.
Currently only supported in MacOS.
What is Replay?
Using the Extension
1. Whenever you are ready to record, click the Replay extension icon in the browser toolbar, then select “Record this website.” Note: The Replay Browser must be installed before recording. You can also install the browser from the extension.
2. The first time you record a new site, the browser will prompt you to allow opening the browser. Select the checkbox to prevent this step next time, then click “Open Replay”.
3. The Replay Browser will launch to the exact URL already open in Chrome and begin recording automatically. From here, record and share as you normally would!
Get support and share feedback at replay.io/discord.
When to use Replay
There is a lot of information packed in each replay, so the possibilities are extensive. Replay is primarily used by developers to reproduce and debug issues with web applications.
Some common uses cases include:
- Recording bugs in development to share with a team
- QA or Test Engineer defect reports
- Recording automated tests in CI to easily debug failures
- Reproducing user issues to submit bug reports for Support
- Documenting pull requests