A lightweight and speedy regular expression tool that focuses on user experience and highlights replacements.
RegX is a regular expression tool that provides a great way to do search and replace on a block of text. The actual regex operation is performed in a separate thread using an HTML5 worker so that the app never freezes or slows down even on complicated expressions or long blocks of text.
- Replaced matches are highlighted in the output.
- By pressing the execute button or hitting the enter key, the current output will be moved to the input box.
- The input and output boxes scroll together so that they can be more easily compared side-by-side.
Still to come:
- Provide flags for things such as case insensitive searches.
- Improve the input/output comparison so that it better compares lines.
- Highlight matches
- Save search/replace patterns for re-use
- - Initial Release
- - The regex can't be executed while the background process is running or if there's an error. The Execute button will gray out to signify this.
- - Updated the manifest to v2
- - Fixed the way escape sequences are done in the replacement so \\n should render now as \n rather than as a slash followed by a line break.