Highlight unread comments since your last visit to a Reddit comment section.
NOTICE: The extension is broken in Reddits redesign - the traditional layout is required in order for the extension to function. You can change this by unchecking "Use the redesign as my default experience" in the site preferences, or use "old.reddit.com".
Lightweight and customizable alternative to a feature normally reserved to Reddit gold users. It requires minimal permissions and syncs between browser sessions! It supports RES (Reddit Enhancement Suite) night mode and custom CSS!
Note that highlights won't show until the second time you visit a comment thread after you install the extension.
Please report any problems you encounter to github issues page.
• None as of now
Feel free to suggest features!
• Feature: Firefox support.
• Fix: Issue where comments would not get highlighted.
• Notice: Having the options page in a separate tab is deprecated, so it's now shown in a modal window.
• Fix: Issue where comments not shown on page load (like comments shown after clicking "load more comments") would not get highlighted (thanks @madLyfe for the bug report).
• Fix: Issue on options page where RES usage setting would not be saved unless all settings explicitly saved.
• Fix: Issue where viewing a perma-linked comment would mark the whole thread read.
• Feature: Proper RES (Reddit Enhancement Suite) night mode support!
• Feature: Advanced settings (link & quote color).
• Feature: Native color picker.
(thanks @Two-Tone for the suggestions)
• Fix: Spell checker disabled in CSS text box.
• Feature: Option to clear highlight on click.
• Feature: Option to redirect mobile to desktop site.
• Fix: More lightweight (reason for color picker change).
• Fix: More responsive options page, minor color/layout fixes & no silent errors.
• Note: This update will ask for your permission to access all reddit pages (previously the extension only had access to subreddit pages).
• Fix: No longer highlight logged in users' comments (thanks @Two-Tone for the suggestion).
• Feature: Use custom CSS for styling (thanks @jtraub for the suggestion).
• Feature: Customizable font color.
• Fix: Issue where last comment wouldn't get highlighted (thanks @SilentException for the bug report).
• Fix: Passive background script.
• Feature: Options page.
• Feature: Customizable highlight color and border.
• Feature: New icon.
• Feature: Improved comment styling.
• Initial release
• Basic functionality