The RCI Chrome Extension allows you to understand how your readers are interacting with your content, in realtime.
The Google News Initiative, in partnership with Use All Five, is excited to introduce the Realtime Content Insights extension. It will allow you to quickly identify how many readers are interacting with your content as you browse your website, in realtime.
How to use:
• Install the extension
• Make sure you are logged into the Google account on Chrome that is associated with the Google Analytics account you are seeking data from.
• Click on the extension’s “Google sign-in” button and login to authorize access.
• Your data will appear automatically, but you should always click on the extension and make sure the correct “Google Analytics View” is selected.
• If your account doesn’t appear/isn’t the right one, go to your website’s Google Analytics account: Admin > Property settings, and make sure the “Default URL” field matches your main URL/primary domain.
• Number of realtime readers on the page/article that you’re currently viewing
• Page/article rank compared to the rest of your content
• Top geographies and referrals (Search, Social …) per article
• Bookmark articles to quickly see how they’re performing throughout the day thanks to our “Saved Articles” tab.
You can find and use all the free Google News Initiative data tools here: https://goo.gle/datatools
To use the extension, you’ll need to provide READ access only to your Google Analytics account for data visualization purposes. Your data is never collected, stored, or shared.