A React component tree visualizer
As React applications scale, it becomes more difficult to track state and to have a holistic overview of the component hierarchy. Realize is a tool to help developers visualize the structure and state flow of their React applications, especially when they are growing in scale and complexity. It currently supports React v.16.8.
1. You must have React Dev Tools installed to use Realize for React. Install it from the Chrome store
2. Realize is best used on non-deployed applications. This uglification of deployed websites makes the component structure pretty unreadable.
How to use
1. Click the blue 'Add to Chrome' button
2. Once installed, navigate to your React website
3. Open the dev tools window and click on the Realize panel
4. Trigger a state change to populate the component tree
- Utilize the search bar to search for any component that exists in the tree.
- Clicking a node component will display information about state, children, props, and hooks in the right hand panel.
- You can zoom and pan the tree by holding shift and dragging/scrolling
- Click the 'State' button to view the flow of state through the component tree