Keeps the same tabs on all your machines. Tab changes are applied in real time on all of your devices.
The extension watches for tab changes and synchronizes them in real time across all of your computers that have it enabled (Chrome on Android does not support extensions yet).
You can toggle automatic synchronization on and off from the extension's icon.
* You need to enable synchronization in the Chrome settings.
* The extension does not work on Chromium since the Chrome Sync API does no longer work there.
* The positions of windows and tabs are not preserved by design.
* Tab grouping is not yet supported.
* It's implied that you want to keep your tabs across sessions (otherwise ending a session would close the tabs everywhere)
* New tabs (chrome://newtab) and developer tools (chrome://developer-tools/*) are unaffected by the extension to benefit the workflow.
* Synchronization occurs only when all tabs have completed loading
* The extension works in unison with Chrome "On startup" settings :
- If you choose "Open a new tab" - it will start with a new tab , and sync the tabs from other computers/previous session in the background .
- If you choose "Continue where I left off" or a set of pages it will merge them with the sync tabs
Known issues :
- Newly closed tabs may be reopened due to syncing latency.
- When a user starts Chrome in one machine and restores its tabs - these tabs may be duplicated in other machines.
- When a user toggles between syncAll and syncPinned - tabs may be duplicated or removed in machines.
For developers that want to check out the code - yes , it's open source, and you can check it out at GitHub : https://github.com/petko10/real-time-tab-sync
Great thanks to those who already contributed:
- Richard Fang for his fixes of long standing issues and overall stability improvements
- Chris de Claverie for adding the "Sync pinned/all tabs" along with a design touch up of the extension popup and other refactoring and debugging work