Reading made fast & simple
Reading made fast & simple.
This simple Spritz inspired Chrome extension let's you speed read any selected text on a website word-by-word.
- Hold Alt + hover to select text
- Spacebar: pause/resume (select text & press spacebar)
- Left/Right Arrow: step back/forward by a word
- Up/Down Arrow: read faster/slower
- Esc: dismiss Readline
- Works on local files
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Highlight optimal focal point (Spritz-like red focal point)
- Customize WPM (word per minute) from 10 to 1000 wpm!
- Progress bar to indicate how far you are
- Click the background or press "esc" to exit out
- Custom font size & type
- Light/Dark shadow background option
- Limited PDF support (select text + Right Click to "Start Readline")
How to use Readline:
- Select text => press spacebar
- Select text => right click => "Start Readline"
- [Autostart On] Select any part of the website (min. 10 words)
- Show context when paused
- Hyphen/dash to split word
- Detect paragraph change (there's a bug here, sorry!)
- Left-to-right language (e.g. Hebrew) support in focus mode
Thanks for trying Readline!
Please send us any feedback/requests thorugh:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Forum: http://www.reddit.com/r/readline