🔍 Web page speed reader.
Web page speed reader browser extension. Uses rapid serial visual presentation (RSVP), optimal recognition point (ORP), and other techniques to increase reading speed and retention.
The recommended use is for content that takes under 5 minutes to speed read or articles you would otherwise skim over. Extended focus can lead to fatigue and diminished results. To read longer text, use the pause button to take a break when you feel fatigue creeping in.
- Extracts the most meaningful text on any page or from your selection.
- Shows one word at a time in quick succession with a highlighted focus point.
- Simple, distraction-free, no-nonsense user interface.
- Far smaller, faster, and less intrusive than similar tools.
- No user tracking, tight security, and no unexpected nastiness.
It's open source, see the code for yourself; https://github.com/maxmilton/reader