A redesigned, productive and pragmatic new tab alternative.
Overview: This extension provides 19 desktop widgets, plus bookmarks manager, history manager, extensions manager, downloaded files manager and quick search function in your new tab page (so chrome will show you these permissions when you install it).
The core idea of this extension is to help user quickly find web pages that you want to open. The home panel shows links, information and functions by different widgets. Of course, you can customize these widgets. Sometimes if you just want to see a wallpaper on new tab, there is a wallpaper mode that hide all elements on the page and only show the wallpaper and a toggle button.
Version 8.0.0 (March 2023) Updates:
• Remove weather widget.
• Remove Chrome Apps related functions.
• Upgrade to Chrome Manifest V3.
0. Quick Search
You can use keyboard shortcuts to search for bookmarks, history, opened tabs and downloaded files, similar to Alfred.
1. Home Panel
Home panel contains many versatile widgets(cards), like clock, calendar, recently closed tabs. You can add/remove widgets, drag and drop widget to a new position, change widget's title and color.
• Most Visited: show default newtab most visited pages.
• Bookmarks Bar: show Bookmarks.
• Todo List: a simple but powerful todo(task) list.
• Opened Tabs: a simple tabs manager, which shows all current opened tabs. You can jump to or close a tab by click, and more functions in context menu.
• Recently Closed: recently closed tabs.
• Analog clock and digital clock: highly customizable clocks.
• Calendar: A month view calendar.
• Calculator: A super calculator powered by math.js.
• Google Drive widget: quick access recent, starred, shared drive files or search files.
• Google Calendar widget: list your Google Calendar events.
• Translate: a Google Translate widget.
• Notepad: a simple notepad.
• Search Engine: search via your browser's default search provider.
• YouTube Subscriptions: list video updates for all your subscriptions.
• Google Sites: top google services.
• Office: ms office web apps.
• Chrome Misc: chrome internal pages.
2. Bookmarks Manager
Bookmarks are an important concept, because they are your own collections and what you need. This extension provides a more productive bookmarks manager.
Similar to Mac Finder in columns view, you can manage and navigate bookmarks by mouse or keyboard shortcuts, for example:
• Navigate all bookmarks using mouse or arrow keys.
• Open a bookmark by double click or enter key.
• Open all bookmarks in a folder by context menu.
• Drag and Drop a bookmark to a new location.
• Create, edit or delete bookmark or folder by context menu.
• Select multi bookmarks to move, delete or open.
• Copy/cut/paste bookmarks(except folders) by shortcuts.
• Sort bookmarks by name
• Support many keyboard shortcuts.
3. History Manager
Search or clear browsing history by date range.
4. Downloads Manager
Show your downloaded files. You can open downloaded files or open their folders, and clear download history.
Show synced open tabs on other devices.
6. Extensions Manager
Manage all extensions and apps. You can enable/disable/remove the extensions and open their options.
• User login, logout.
• Theme settings: Pure colors or Wallpapers or Custom photo.
Issue feedback or feature request: https://goo.gl/forms/YOOG4TTkaY2lIbBv2
Contact author: email@example.com