Pick a random item from a list on Trakt.
When we have a big list and don't know what to watch, choose a random item can be the solution. That's what RandomTV does! The extension will pick a random item from any list on Trakt.
You just have to click on the Random button on the list you want a random item. Then, RandomTV will show the item in a modal, or highlight in the page or even redirect. You can set different ways to show the chosen item.
RandomTV also offers one more advanced thing: in lists with more than one pages (120+ items), all the items can be choosed, even the ones not in the current page. This ocorres because we offer the API method.
API: Uses Trakt's API to get items in lists with more than one page. Can't be used when: have filters that hide items (except "type" filter) or the list is private.
Local: Uses a script in the browser to get a item. Used when: the list have just one page, the server fails, have filters that hide items or the list is private.
• Pick a random item from any list on Trakt (personal lists, watchlist, recommendations);
• Add a button on the list page which have a similar design to Trakt icons and have the tooltip when the mouse is hover, like in Trakt icons.
• Display the picked item in three ways: modal (a popup with the cover and details), scroll and highlight the item in the current page and redirect to the item page;
• Use Trakt's API when the list have more than one page to consider all the items that the list have;
• Disable or enable the Trakt's API method;
• Show which method (Local or API) was used to choose the item.
RandomTV is not related to Trakt and is an independent project.