Access bookmarks via popup menu
Allows you to access your bookmarks in a popup menu, without keeping the bookmarks bar open. Features:
- Open in same or new tab (middle mouse button or right click menu)
- Navigation between subfolders
- Open all bookmarks in a folder at once
- Bookmarklets (subject to Chrome's security restrictions)
- Favicons (loaded directly once you visit the site using this extension, and from getfavicon.appspot.com if you haven't)
- Edit bookmark names directly from the popup
- Start in any folder (defaults to the bookmarks bar)
This extension was written with Linux in mind, and I've chosen icons to match. On Windows, you can use the --bookmark-menu command line option to get a native menu, and on Mac, you always have the system menubar. Linux Chrome does not have an equivalent to these, so a popup is necessary.
This extension is not meant to do anything the bookmarks menu doesn't already do, so I'm trying hard to *not* include an options page of any sort. It is meant to be simple and Just Work.
Icons (GPL-licensed) from the GNOME project. Source code (GPL-licensed) and issue tracker at http://github.com/decklin/quick-bookmarks.