Quake is a first-person shooter video game, developed by id Software and published by GT Interactive in 1996.
It is the first game in the Quake series.
In the game, players must find their way through various maze-like, medieval environments while battling a variety of monsters using a wide array of weapons.
In the single-player game, the player takes the role of the protagonist known as Ranger who was sent into a portal in order to stop an enemy code-named "Quake".
The government had been experimenting with teleportation technology and developed a working prototype called a "Slipgate";
the mysterious Quake compromised the Slipgate by connecting it with its own teleportation system, using it to send death squads to the "Human" dimension in order to test the martial capabilities of humanity.
The sole surviving protagonist in "Operation Counterstrike" is Ranger, who must advance, starting each of the four episodes from an overrun human military base, before fighting his way into other dimensions, reaching them via the Slipgate or their otherworld equivalent.
After passing through the Slipgate, Ranger's main objective is to collect four magic runes from four dimensions of Quake;
these are the key to stopping the enemy later discovered as Shub-Niggurath and ending the invasion of Earth.
The single-player campaign consists of 30 separate levels, or "maps", divided into four episodes (with a total of 26 regular maps and four secret ones), as well as a hub level to select a difficulty setting and episode, and the game's final boss level.
Each episode represents individual dimensions that the player can access through magical portals (as opposed to the technological Slipgate) that are discovered over the course of the game.
The various realms consist of a number of gothic, medieval, and lava-filled caves and dungeons, with a recurring theme of hellish and satanic imagery (such as pentagrams and images of demons on the walls).
Chrome Anatomy is NOT endorsed or approved by or affiliated with "id Software LLC" or its licensors in any manner!
- Added enable mouse lock function (Experimental).
- Added import episodes, mission packs from ZIP file.
- Added delete mission pack.
- Added export saved game/s.
- Added import saved game/s.
- Added import episodes, mission packs from PAK file.
- Added disable mouse function.
- Added saving/resetting synchronized settings.
- Added progress saving.
- Added mantain 4:3 aspect ratio on fullscreen.
- Added fullscreen support for all 16:9/16:10 Chrome OS, Chromium OS resolutions.
- Added console help section (Includes cheats).
- Added command help section.
- Added support for gamepad (Device detection only).
- Added internal video resolution at 800x600x32bpp color for a better image quality.
- No multiplayer game (Single-player only).