This simple yet highly customizable add-on converts the current URL to a QR code displayed in a popup from an icon in the toolbar.
QRL provides a simple yet highly customizable solution to transferring URLs or selected text from your desktop computer to your mobile phone. This is accomplished by generating a QR code for the currently displayed web site (URL) viewed in you browser or selected text. The QR code generated can then be scanned by any number of apps on your mobile phone which can scan QR codes.
This idea was conceived by my desire to be able to share a URL with my friends using instant messaging on my smartphone. I thought this was a more elegant and easy solution than copying the URL character by character or emailing myself the URL only to then open it on my mobile phone and share it.
Version 2.1.3 -
- Added full color customization
- Code maintenance for efficiency
Version 2.1.2 -
- Fixed an issue with generating QR codes for URLs or text containing the '&' character
Version 2.1.0 -
- Added option to remove author and QR generator credits from the popup.
- Adjusted alignment in poup
Version 2.0.0 - HUGE new release!
Complete rewrite to add new features and optimizations:
- Added ability to generate QR codes for text selection. When text is selected the QR code generated will be for the selection, otherwise will be the same as before- for the URL currently in focus.
- Added popup customization: Popup height, popup width and QR code size
- Added localization support. Currently only English and Hebrew.
- Added feedback for generated text in popup
- Bug fixes